PGC Post COVID Reopening Updates & Procedures
Updated November 11, 2020
Facility Changes Completed Prior to Reopening in June 2020:
- Professional weekly cleaning
- Added touch free faucets and touch free hand soap dispensers in the restrooms
- Added touch free hand sanitizer dispensing stations
- Installed closed circuit T.V. platform (SpotTV) for remote viewing of classes and training
- Secured ample hand sanitizer in gel and liquid form for use with spray bottles
- Reduced number of chairs in the observation room and in waiting area
- Removed equipment and furniture not frequently used
- Removed chalk bowls on gym floor
- Covered foam pit with tarp, mats placed on top of tarp for vaulting
- Re-arranged floor area within the gym to allow more open space for gymnasts
- Using 2-20' diameter fans in reverse to pull air to the ceiling and operating roof exhaust fan to pull air out of the building (temperature permitting).
- All equipment and flooring areas are sprayed every 60 days with protectant, BioProtect, to ensure our classes are taught in a safe and healthy environment. BioProtect has shown effectiveness in killing bacteria, fungus and viruses on surfaces for up to 90 days.
- Provided face masks and gloves for staff
- Non-coaching staff: use of masks at all times while in the facility
- Coaching staff: use of masks at all times unless deemed a hazard during spotting
Families must take the following actions (separate instructions to come):
- Complete COVID-19 pre-screening online questionnaire
- Enroll via parent portal on PGC website
PGC Gymnast Responsibilities:
- All students should arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class for required temperature check, hand sanitizing/washing and assembly for entry into the gym area.
- Each student should bring and maintain their own personal gym bag. The bag and contents should be clearly labelled with the name of the gymnast. The bag should contain all necessary gym paraphernalia such as grips, wrist guards, water sprayer for grips, tape and a water bottle.
- Students are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer for personal use between events.
- Students will be instructed to place their gym bag at marked spaces that are 6 feet apart.
- Refrain from sharing water bottle or other personal items with others.
- All students must wear masks or facial coverings while inside the facility.
- Masks must be worn to the maximum extent possible for all students and team gymnasts during classes and training. Gymnasts are allowed to remove or adjust the mask to their chin as they work on difficult or challenging skills.
- Gymnasts are not required to wear a mask during activities where the mask presents a safety hazard to the gymnast.
- PGC office staff should be notified if a child has a medical condition that precludes them from wearing a mask during class or team training to discuss options.
- Tell coaches IMMEDIATELY when they are not feeling well.
Safety Policies and Procedures
|Entering the Building||
|Traffic Flow Physical Distancing Facility Ratio||
|Prior to Class||
*Pre-established criteria for entry to assist and/or observe child during class: < 7 years old, first class at PGC, request must be submitted at least 1 week prior and approval confirmed prior to class; approval valid for one-time only.