PGC Post COVID Reopening Updates & Procedures
Updated June 25, 2020
Facility Changes Completed Prior to Reopening:
- Professional cleaning week of June 1st, repeated weekly
- Secured ample hand sanitizer in gel and liquid form for use with spray bottles
- Ordered touch free soap and hand sanitizer dispensers (delivery date: TBD)
- Added touch free faucets in the restrooms
- Removed chairs in the observation room, reduced chairs and spacing in waiting area
- Removed equipment and furniture not frequently used
- Removed chalk bowls on gym floor
- Covered foam pit with tarp, mats placed on top of tarp for vaulting
- Provided face masks and gloves for staff
- Non-coaching staff: use of masks at all times while in the facility
- Coaching staff: use of masks at all times unless deemed a hazard during spotting
Facility Changes to be completed ASAP
- Add touch free hand soap dispensers: soap obtained, awaiting dispensers
- Add touch free hand sanitizer dispensing stations: dispensers obtained, awaiting sanitizer
- Installing closed circuit T.V. platform (SpotTV) for remote viewing of classes and training
Families must take the following actions (separate instructions to come):
- Complete COVID-19 pre-screening online questionnaire
- Enroll via parent portal on PGC website
PGC Student Responsibilities:
- All students should arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of class for required temperature check, hand sanitizing/washing and assembly for entry into the gym area.
- Each student should bring and maintain their own personal gym bag. The bag and contents should be clearly labelled with the name of the gymnast. The bag should contain all necessary gym paraphernalia such as grips, wrist guards, water sprayer for grips, tape and a water bottle.
- Students are allowed to bring personal yoga mat, beach towel or other item for stretching.
- Students are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer for personal use between events.
- Students will be instructed to place their gym bag at marked spaces that are 6 feet apart.
- Refrain from sharing water bottle or other personal items with others.
- All students must wear masks or facial coverings while entering the facility.
- Once arriving to their initial physical-distanced station inside the gym, gymnast can then remove the mask or facial coverings, place it in their bag, and keep it isolated with their personal items throughout class. The mask or facial coverings should be reapplied while using other areas of the facility (i.e. bathrooms), and reapplied while exiting the facility after class.
- Tell coaches IMMEDIATELY when they are not feeling well.
Safety Policies and Procedures
|Entering the Building||
|Traffic Flow Physical Distancing Facility Ratio||
|Prior to Class||
*Pre-established criteria for entry to assist and/or observe child during class: < 7 years old, first class at PGC, request must be submitted at least 1 week prior and approval confirmed prior to class; approval valid for one-time only