PGC Post COVID Reopening Updates & Procedures
Updated September 6, 2021
Facility Changes Completed Prior to Reopening in June 2020:
- Professional weekly cleaning
- Added touch free faucets and touch free hand soap dispensers in the restrooms
- Added touch free hand sanitizer dispensing stations
- Installed closed circuit T.V. platform (SpotTV) for remote viewing of classes and training
- Reduced number of chairs in the observation room and in waiting area
- Removed equipment and furniture not frequently used
- Removed chalk bowls on gym floor
- Re-arranged floor area within the gym to allow more open space for gymnasts
- Using 2-20' diameter fans in reverse to pull air to the ceiling and operating roof exhaust fan to pull air out of the building (temperature permitting).
- All equipment and flooring areas are sprayed every 60 days with protectant, BioProtect, to ensure our classes are taught in a safe and healthy environment. BioProtect has shown effectiveness in killing bacteria, fungus and viruses on surfaces for up to 90 days.
PGC Gymnast Responsibilities:
- All students should arrive 5 minutes prior to the start of class hand sanitizing/washing and assembly for entry into the gym area.
- Each student should maintain their own personal items. Gymnasts with gym paraphernalia such as grips, wrist guards, water sprayer for grips, tape should place them in a gym bag, clearly labelled with the name of the gymnast.
- All students are encouraged to bring a water bottle clearly labelled with their name.
- All students should refrain from sharing water bottle or other personal items with others.
- Students are encouraged to bring hand sanitizer for personal use between events.
- Students will be instructed to place their personal belongings in cubicles, on top of cubicles or under chairs in the lobby area prior to the beginning of class.
- All unvaccinated students must wear masks or facial coverings while inside the facility
- Masks must be worn to the maximum extent possible for all students and team gymnasts during classes and training. Gymnasts are allowed to remove or adjust the mask to their chin as they work on difficult or challenging skills.
- Gymnasts are not required to wear a mask during activities where the mask presents a safety hazard to the gymnast.
- PGC office staff should be notified if a child has a medical condition that precludes them from wearing a mask during class or team training to discuss options.
- Tell coaches IMMEDIATELY when they are not feeling well.
Safety Policies and Procedures
|Entering the Building||
|Prior to Class||